Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Frolics and Photos

I made this curtain. I desperately needed to get rid of the dusty blinds that came with the place in the bathroom and voila. A pretty café curtain that lets light in and lets no one see me taking a pee.

  • Okay, I didn't make the whole thing. The white curtain came as a set of two from Target's clearance section. (Does anyone else walk manically up and down the end-units looking for the clearance sections? I know it's not just me. Fess up, people.) But! I did add all the pretty green embellishments and the ties. Recognize the fabric? It came from my seat covers.
Went to the Farmer's Market here in Highland Square and discovered garlic scape. Never heard of these things. They are endlessly fun to play with and delicious in all sorts of dishes, like this Farmer's Market Polenta I made with cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and the fabulous garlic scape.

  

I took a million and one photos for vintage clothing featuring the lovely Sarah. Here is her frame-by-frame dramatic monologue as she discovers a butterfly, gets drenched in a rainfall, swipes a spider off her arm, and finds the butterfly once more. Maybe it was one of those things where you had to be there, but you have to admit, she's fascinating to watch.

 
  • P.S. The gauzy white top will be for sale soon. It's perfect to throw on for summer!
We, then, discovered a poor little egg outside. I'm a bleeding heart so now it's all wrapped up and nestled in a blueberry carton and warming underneath a reading lamp. It's hopeless, I know, but I can't just abandon the poor baby!
 

Last but not least, a gratuitous photo of my kitty, Chanel. She is spunky, and awesome, and comes with much less baggage than her namesake. Is she not the best cat in the world, I mean, really?!


How was your weekend? You can post your pictures on the Birdcage Bohemia Facebook and request to be added to the Pretty Weekend Photos board on Pinterest so you can post your pretty photos anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment